You can already contact us to sign up for those events.
Quick Links: Player-Coach Teams / Team for a Day / Tunnel Camps / Additional Coaching
Rhythm Player-Coach Teams
Are you looking for a way to improve your RW skills? Do you want to train on a team? Do you want to compete? Whether you want to brush up your RW skills, learn more about competition skydiving, or augment other team plans, Rhythm player-coach teams are a great opportunity. Teams will be matched up by similar goals and skill levels, so whether you're new to the sport and want a fun and safe learning environment, or have competed before and want to train more seriously, this project will have an option for you.
Each team will include one Rhythm captain as player-coach. 8 way teams will compete at the USPA Nationals. Four way teams will have an option to compete in local MWSL meets and the NSL Championship in Deland, Fl.
Your Rhythm captain will take care of all of the communication, planning, organization, coordination with dropzone, tunnel, video, packers, alternates, etc. The budget and schedule are set ahead of time -- there will be no surprises or additions (unless all team members agree to add training). You just show up, train, compete with your team, learn a ton and enjoy!
- Avoid the hassles of organizing a team, coordinating training, finding video, keeping a team together and other challenges.
- Budget and schedule are set so there are no surprises or extra expenses
- Train at two world-class facilities - Skydive Chicago and Paraclete XP. Paraclete XP is the ONLY wind tunnel in the US large enough for 8 way and all of the 4 way blocks and randoms. Skydive Chicago has 2 lightening-fast Super Twin Otters as well as an awesome facility, including a huge hangar, cafe, campground, full service gear and rigging shop, lounge, Tiki Bar, gym, swimming pond, auditorium, on-site CamScore, and more
- Train alongside other teams for added learning, encouragement and camaraderie
- Training is consolidated into 5-7 weekends total, leaving you plenty of time for other jumping, other teams, family, and other activities
- Get the most out of your training by having a coach planning every camp and on every jump
- Guarantee a positive and safe learning environment by having a coach guide the team through an efficient, goal-based, positive training process
- Team training plans and engineering have been developed using methods developed and used by Rhythm over the past 5 years
- Learn and improve your RW skills in ways that only team training can provide
- There will be multiple teams with varied goals, experience levels and commitment. Whether you want a fun, low key team, or want to train hard, there will be an option for you
2013 Information Sheet and Application
For more information, including a schedule as well as pricing, deadlines, and frequently asked questions, check out the information document. To apply, please fill out the application and submit it by February 15.
SDC Rhythm XP Tunnel Skills Camps
Looking for a way to brush up on your freefall skills, or just a fun skydiving-related getaway? A tunnel trip is a great way to do both. SDC Rhythm XP has scheduled tunnel camps during throughout 2012 at the Paraclete XP Tunnel in Raeford, NC, the largest, most powerful wind tunnel in the world, as well as Skyventure New Hampshire and Skyventure Orlando.
How it works:
We have a RW skills curriculum that covers a range of skills, breaking out common RW flying into specific skills. We can also tailor our coaching to whatever you'd like to work on most.
During the camp, your time will be split across multiple sessions throughout the day. Before each session your coach will prep a series of drill dives with you, explaining how to do each dive, setting goals and walking through the dive flows. During each session you'll fly 1.5 - 2 minutes at a time with your coach, and then discuss, debrief and walk dives in between each flight. After the session, your coach will debrief your flights with you from video, and tailor the next sessions jumps to follow up on the video debrief. At the end of the camp you'll be able to download your video files. You can watch a video from a previous camp.
For experienced tunnel flyers or teams we also run a 4 way curriculum that can accomodate 2on2, 3on1, or an entire team flying with the Rhythm member coaching from outside. Please ask for more details. If you want to just join the group and freefly, we can arrange that as well.
Remaining 2011 Dates:
- Dec 17-18
- Jan 16-17 at Skyventure Orlando
- Jan 20-22 at Skyventure New Hampshire
- Feb 17-19 at Paraclete XP
- Mar 23-25 at Skyventure New Hampshire
- Mar 30-Apr 1 at Paraclete XP
- Apr 20-22 at Paraclete XP
- May 11-13 at Paraclete XP
*you do not need to be present for all days -- just what is practical for the amount of time you want to fly. Days will fill up on a first-come first-served basis. Camps do fill up, so we reccomend booking as soon as possible. For 1 - 1.5 hrs plan on being there for 2 days. If you're new to Rhythm camps, please contact us to discuss further.
How to book your slot:
A $100 deposit is all you need to reserve your slot -- space is filled based on receipt of the deposit. Camps usually fill up well in advance. Your deposit will apply 100% towards the tunnel cost.
Please send deposits to:
638 Carnival Terrace
Sebastian, Florida 32958
We have already had a lot of interest, and expect it to be a fun crowd. Come join us! If you have ANY questions, feel free to email or call (312)543-4857.
SDC Rhythm XP Team for a Day at Skydive Chicago and Skydive Sebastian
Love doing 4 way but don't have a team? Have a team and want to do more? Looking to improve your RW skills? Just off student status? Want to learn more about 4 way? Then you'll love SDC Rhythm XP's Team for a Day program.
How does it work?
Sign up ahead of time for one (or more) of the dates scheduled. SDC Rhythm XP will pair you up with 2-4 other participants and one Rhythm member. Groups will be 4-6 people in size, and paired based on similar experience and goals. This is not a competitive event. Your Rhythm team captain will plan the dives and lead the team through a day of jumping following the same format we follow when we train. You'll get the dives ahead of time. We'll stretch, creep, dirt dive, mock up the exit, and then debrief and repeat each dive and debrief at the end of the day. Each team will aim to do 8-10 jumps over the day, using the same training day plan that Rhythm uses when we train, to maximize learning and efficiency. At the end of the day, in addition to tons of new skills and a fun time, you'll also receive a DVD of all of your jumps for the day.
The team captain will work with you to outline a set of goals for the day. The dives will focus on the fundamentals of 4 way and formation skydiving as well as the specific goals. This way you can do Team for a Day over and over, and focus on something new each time.
This program is designed for:
- Newer Jumpers: 4 way is a great way to learn the fundamentals of RW, form good habits, and see immediate improvements in your flying. If you can stay with three other jumpers and safely track away from a formation, you can successfully participate in Team for a Day.
- Anyone who wants to improve their RW skills: Because the groups are matched based on similar skill level, and the coach sets dives and goals specific to each participant, Team for a Day is a great way for anyone to improve their RW skills in a challenging yet open environment.
- Anyone interested in learning more about 4 way: This program is a great way to learn about 4 way technique and perhaps meet others who might be interested in forming a team.
- Anyone who already loves 4 way: Whether you have a team for the season or not, this is a great way to get in some more good 4 way, without any of the hassle of organizing a team, video, loads, etc.!
In addition to your slot, you pay $20/jump to cover coaching and video. You'll receive a file of all of the jumps at the end of the day.
Questions or to Sign Up:
Additional CoachingBesides our scheduled events, the team is happy to help newer teams in any way we can. We would love to be a resource in the Chicago area for any teams who are interested. Whether you are interested in structured weekends or simply some informal discussions, feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to tailor our coaching to accommodate your needs.
Some ways we are happy to help include:
- Starting a team / looking for teammates
- Forming a plan
- How to creep, prep dives, debrief jumps
- Reviewing videos
- Body position, flying
- Block / random technique
- Picking team nicknames